Bible verses about trusting God in difficult times abound in the scriptures.
They are there for all those who believe in God to claim and get true solutions to the troubles of this world.
What Are Difficult Times?
Difficult times are times of going through unpleasant experiences of life.
These are times when something happen to you that left you sad and sorrowful.
It could be a time that you lost your job.
A time that you lost someone very close or dear to you.
A time you, your spouse, or your child has an health issue you are battling with.
It goes on and on. These are things that happen around us frequently and so we know them.
We only wish and pray that they don’t happen to us.
There are hard knock truths you would need to know, which will make these bible verses about trusting God in difficult times very relevant to you.
What you Need To Know About Difficult Times
- They are inevitable. They will surely happen.
As long as you are alive you cannot continue to have everything going on rosy and well for you, not even when you are a child of God.
Part of what we have to live with are times of laughter and sorrows according Ecclesiastes 3:3.
- They can happen to anybody. Whether you are rich, poor, old, young, etc, you can’t escape your times of difficulties.
Joseph was very young when his own came, according to Genesis 17: 24, and he was sold into slavery with no hope of his ever going to come back to his father’s house.
On the other hand, his father Jacob was an old man when he lost Joseph his most loved son.
- They come without warning. Many times someone wakes up without any trouble, but in the course of the day he has gotten into serious life threatening issues.
Job was relaxing in house, when all of a sudden trouble came that took away everything he has in a single day, including his children and his health (Job 1:13-21).
- Difficult times will expire (only God knows when), or eventually claim the lives of their victims.
This means that the troubles of this world does not last for ever, but the experiences are not what one would wish to have.
- Only God is the true solution. That is why we are talking about bible verses about trusting God in difficult times.
In the scriptures are promises of God that we can claim to help us overcome any trouble, no matter how serious it might be.
This article is meant to bring to your awareness such bible verses, and also teach you how to use them.
Bible Verses About Trusting God in Difficult Times
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
God is speaking directly here. All you need to do in times of difficulties is to trust in God Almighty that He will deliver you out of the problems.
He promised to strengthen, help, and uphold you, so that at the end you will not be defeated by the problem.
- Father I am putting all my trust in you in this situation, please help me.
- I come against every spirit of fear and discouragement that are trying to make me weak in faith.
- Please uphold me with your right hand of righteousness and don’t let me fall.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
You may have a knowledge of how to approach the situation in order to get solution.
God’s ways are not yours, and as long as you need his help, you must be ready to allow him have his way.
- Father help me to trust you to the point of receiving divine visitation over this issue.
- Let me see your wisdom and embrace it in order to receive your help.
- Whatever you would have me do over this issue, please reveal unto me. I am ready to obey.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Anxiety is bound to set in when there is a challenge.
The fear of where to turn to, and how you will get help is always there.
God can give you peace in the midst of turmoil. In Mathew 8:33 Jesus was able to sleep soundly in a boat in the midst of a storm when the boat is almost sinking.
It took his disciples to wake him up before he knew that a storm was raging. That is peace of God.
- I come against every spirit of anxiety and panic in Jesus name.
- I thank you Lord because I know you will deliver me out of this problem.
- Let me find your peace in the midst of this issue until you finally take me out of it.
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
You would need strength and courage in order to exercise your faith and win.
God told Gideon to be strong and courageous. He obeyed and succeeded where Moses failed.
Know that it is only God that can make you really strong, because he is the strongest of all, and he can never be weary.
- Father please make me strong enough to withstand this situation.
- Turn every fear into courage.
- Let me know you are going before me in this battle, and that I am not alone.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
God is a hiding place for all who put their to trust in him.
When he is protecting you, no enemy can reach you.
His help is not only sure, it is prompt. He will never be a second too late when you call upon him. Do it now.
- Thank you because you are my refuge, and I can always hide in you.
- Please show your presence in my situation, I need you now.
- You are the only help I have, please help me now.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
God is giving a command that you just have to be bold otherwise he will not be able to help you.
It takes boldness to launch out in faith against all negative situations.
God does not like those who are easily frightened. They will only succeed in frustrating his efforts.
- Let me know always that your will for me is to have courage and rest upon your strength.
- Please take away my fears over this issue.
- Let me feel your presence even in this problem. Let me know you are with me all the way, and that you will never leave me alone.
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Jesus is the burden bearer. The lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.
You can confidently hand over all your troubles to him, he will bear them for you.
- Thank you because you cares about me and my challenges.
- I cast all my burdens and fears at your feet Lord, please help me to carry them.
- Thank you because I can always trust you.
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
When your challenges are directly from God, then it means that he is trying to test your faith.
He did this for Abraham in Genesis 22:1-14.
Attacks from the devil is also a means to get promoted. Job 38.
- Thank you because my faith is being tried, and that promotion is waiting for me if I overcome.
- Help me to remain steadfast in you till the end of my trial of faith.
- Let what I am going through now lead me to your perfection at the end.
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
Any evil present in the world that may want to come against us or those who belongs to us, Jesus had defeated them on the cross of Calvary.
The world can offer you troubles, Jesus promises you his own peace, and he is the author of peace.
- Please turn all my attention away from the world and unto you for my help.
- Let me find your own peace that you have ordain for me as I seek your face over this matter.
- Because you have overcome the world I will overcome too.
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
God is the revealer of secrets, and he is also the one that can deliver.
There is nothing in the past or at present that is hidden from God.
When he gives you revelations of what to do, you will have the exact solution that you need.
- Father show me the way out of this problem. Tell me what to do.
- Deliver me Lord from every hold of the enemy.
- Please remove every confusion out of my way.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
For a child of God all situations can be stepping stones to greater heights of glory.
He is not limited in any way.
The brothers of Joseph thought they were selling him to slavery and eventual death, but God changed it to blessings for Joseph.
- Thank you because you have called me out of the world by your grace.
- Let the situation I am going through work out good and not evil for me.
- Use my challenges to show how great you are.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
The presence of peace put us in the right frame of mind to see and claim the promises of God for our lives.
This is one of the things Satan will first try to take away when attacking us.
Jesus has given his peace to us that we can claim his victory over the devil.
- Let the peace of God overrule the troubles of my heart.
- I pray peace over everyone around me.
- I refuse to be afraid or give in to fear.
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
One of the benefits of being righteous is that God will be near us, and will hear when we cry.
Our righteousness is in Christ. We obtain this when we gave our lives to him.
Hence, you should have the confidence to cry to God and be rest assured that he will hear you.
- Lord please deliver me from this trouble.
- Father please manifest your glory upon my situation.
- Have mercy on me oh Lord.
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.
In the day of trouble or fear you need a hiding place, and there is no better place to hide than in God.
He is ever reliable in protecting his own. He can never fail in performing his own part of the covenant he has with his people.
- Father please show me your goodness.
- Father please be my stronghold and my hiding place.
- Turn my days of trouble to days of celebration.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
God will never plan evil for his own children, because your grief or sorrow does not bring him any glory.
The thought of God for you is for you to prosper and do well in life, and not to be a victim of any form of evil, hence never blame God when any evil befalls you.
- Let your thoughts about me manifest physically.
- Let the thoughts and counsels contrary to yours be canceled.
- Whatever you have not planted in my life let them be uprooted.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.
It is in God that you can find true safety, joy and peace.
Man is never reliable, and even when he is sincere in his bid to help you, he is very limited in the kind of help he can offer.
- Let me see full benefits of trusting in you.
- Please don’t let me be put to shame.
- Please don’t let my faith fail in the days of trouble.
1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Those who will get the help of God are those who seek him.
He said seek and you shall find. Matthew 7:7. Just invite him into that situation and he will come to save you.
- I am seeking after you, please show me your glory.
- I am holding to your strength, please save me
- Give me victory now so that I can continue to trust in you.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
As long as you are focusing on the things of heaven, as long as you are making pleasing God your priority, you cannot miss it in life.
Whatever you experience here on earth is, it is counter as a light affliction compare to the glory you will inherit in heaven.
Patiently endure as you seek the help of God, for eternal glories beyond words await you in the kingdom of God.
- Please give me strength in my inner man.
- Let my difficult times build up my faith.
- Let me turn my attention from problems to you the solution.
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.
Let your trust in God be for all situations and for all things; both small and great.
Never play games with God as he can see everything you are doing, including all your secrets.
Be totally open unto him, tell him all so that he can help you.
- My heart is heavy and sorrowful, please let your presence abide with me.
- I need strength and support, please do not leave me alone father.
- Please do not let my expectations be cut off.
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
The Bible did not say that the righteous will not go through difficult times.
What we are assured of is true solutions from God.
Never think in your mind that God has abandon you.
If you are not living in disobedience, he is ready to hear your cry, and he will surely deliver you.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
The valley of shadow of death is a place where no one can be with you no matter how close that person is to you.
It is a terribly lonely and fearful place, but God has promised us of his presence.
With God beside you, even death will fear to come near you.
- It is only your presence I need in this situation, please give me divine visitation.
- Instead of death and sorrows, let me see joy and life.
- Comfort me with your rod and your staff.
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
God wants us to abound in good works, so that we can continue to be true lights of the world.
This will continue to bring more glory to his name, and to give him pleasure.
For this to be possible, God is ready to give grace, that is, his special help which can position us to things that are beyond our normal abilities.
- Please give me sufficient grace that I need to overcome this situation.
- Provide for me all that I need to overcome.
- Make the end of my trial results in good works, and glory to your name.
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
God is Almighty, the one who has all the might in all things.
Just like him, you can never be beaten by any situation when you are trusting in him, and when he is helping you.
- Reveal to me the secrets to my victory.
- Take every weakness from me, and give me your power.
- Renew my strength father, and don’t let me faint in the days of adversity.
Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
The help of God can be to everlasting.
That is a major difference between the help of God and that of man.
God cannot die, hence whatever he has to offer you cannot stop because he is always there to give it.
- Please keep my faith steadfast in you.
- Let me discover the everlasting strength in you.
- Let me see my desires upon the enemies of my life.
The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
God is the only and last hope for the oppressed.
Many oppressors are too strong to be handled with human wisdom and power, but God is stronger than the strongest of all oppressors.
He revealed this when he sent Moses to deliver the Israelites from their bondage in the land of Egypt.
- Father you are my refuge please save me from this trouble.
- Judge every power oppressing me.
- Let me come out alive from this trouble to praise your holy name.
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
You don’t need to care how God will meet your needs, or whether he has the wherewithal to even meet them.
He has unlimited resources of everything we can ever need on this Earth.
He can also call into existence things that are not, as if they have been in existence before and are being kept somewhere.
- You are the source of unlimited abundance, please supply my needs.
- Uproot the spirit of lack in my life.
- Turn my captivity oh Lord. and give me a new song to sing to your glory.
How To Use The Bible Verses About Trusting God in Difficult Times.
If you are able to locate the verses mentioned above in your bible and discover the promises in them, you would still need to go a step further.
You must know how to use the bible verses, to get the results that you want otherwise they will not do much for you.
You can follow the steps below
- Believe you will find solution in them.
- Pick at least 2 that ministers to you.
- Meditate on the verses you picked.
- Pray them to God. You can use the prayers given with the verses as a guide and add your own as appropriate.
- Keep up your faith by reciting them daily.
Note also that these scriptures will only work for those who have given their lives to Christ and not just anybody.
The promises of God are primarily for his children.
Others may benefit out of his generousity, but you will need more than generousity blessings in times of challenges.
Hence, you would need to give your life to Christ at this junction if you have not done so before.
You can follow the guide in our salvation page to do that.
Questions And Answers About Trusting God In Difficult Times
- What does God says about difficult times?
Generally, the attitude of God concerning difficult times is that it is an inevitable phenomenon.
It all started from the time of Adam and Eve in Genesis chapter 3.
After they both ate the forbidden fruit and sinned against God, they were cursed.
This primarily was the basis for difficult times on earth.
You will also notice that in Genesis 3:15, God promised that the seed of the woman will bruise the head of the serpent.
That seed is Jesus, and what that verse meant is that Jesus will bring a permanent solution to the problems of sin on earth.
1 John 3:8 confirms this.
Hence, anyone who has come to take refuge the in Christ by giving his or her life to him has what it takes to overcome the troubles of this world.
- Why is God giving me a hard time?
The answer to this question is not the same for everybody.
First you would need to find out whether the hard times you are experiencing is directly from God or not.
This is because some people are suffering as a result of the sins they, or their parents have committed.
For example in 2 Samuel 11 David committed adultery and murder, and that led to series of very tough times for him.
The bible says sinners will not go unpunished.
Another reason is that God can allow hard times to prepare you for certain assignments or experiences of life you will need to go through.
Moses have to spend 40 years in obscurity after running away from Egypt because God has to prepare him for his assignment, and also because the time if the deliverance of the children of Israel was not yet.
God can also allow hard times to come just to prove his greatness in the life of someone.
This fit into the story of the man that was born blind in John 9.
Hence, the question why does God allow difficult times has many answers.
You will have to dig deep, and allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you to get a specific answer to your own case.
- How do you trust God when life is hard?
You will first need to be born again.
This is because sin is the root of all hardship in the world.
There can be no permanent solution to difficult times when sin is still in place.
With that settled, you can use the Bible verses about trusting God in difficult times as directed here.
All you need to do is to believe in them.
The Bible says all things are possible to them that believe.
Do you have any other questions that pertains to trusting God in times of challenges, please post them in the comment section below.